Umbraco 5 and Azure workshop
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Third edition of this popular interactive workshop, this time we
will focus on the new Umbraco 5.
Bart Vande Ghinste,
Evangelist Manager @ Microsoft
Web channel audience manager @ Microsoft
Wim De Coninck,
Developer Team Lead @ Orbit One
Managing Director @ Orbit One
||Welcome & coffee
||What's new in Azure (Bart
||Umbraco 5 CMS and Azure (Wim De
||Azure Development Program - how can it help you
hands-on workshop, setup your Umbraco 5 website in
Azure (Wim De Coninck)
- Web & Worker Role
- Virtual Machine sizes & performance
- Storage Types: Blobs, Tables, Azure SQL, queues
- No local persistant storage
- Network Load Balancing (round robin)
- Scale out to multiple instances
- Multiples websites in one Azure account
- Azure Content Delivery Network
- Swap between development & production environments
- Typical monthly costs to host Umbraco site
Umbraco and Azure
- Where does Umbraco 5 store it's information?
- Challenges in the Azure cloud
Bring your own laptop!
It's a workshop where everyone will work on his/her own
laptop. To make sure we can start the course straight away,
we would like to ask you to make sure you have the
following software installed:
- Visual Studio 2010
- Windows Azure SDK and Tools for Visual Studio
- SQL Express 2008 R2
- SQL Azure migration wizard
- Umbraco 5
AND have an activated Windows AZURE
We'll be providing you with an activationcode that you can use
to create a personal account (for limited period of time), thise
code will be emailed to you after registration.
If you cannot bring a preconfigured laptop, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org; they may
have some spares.
For those of you coming by car: There is
parking in the streets near the office, for 3€/day (day-rate).
OneOffice - Gent
Raas van gaverestraat 83
The list of attendees is only visible for future events.
This grid uses the email address you signed up for your ticket to display your Gravatar image.
blog comments powered by